Wednesday, April 04, 2007

KASAI

Lexi had a long meditation in her bed last night. Joy and regret struggled together in her heart...



She had come at last...suddenly and unexpectedly...


to the bend in the road; and the move was around it, with a hundred rainbow hopes and visions; but Lexi realized as well that when she rounded that curve, she must leave many sweet things behind...


all the simple duties and interests which had grown so dear to her in the last four-and-a-half years and which she had glorified into beauty and delight by the enthusiasm she had put into them. She must give up her KASAI WARD...and she loved everyone of the youth, they came into her life when she needed them the most. The mere thought of the Nanjos made her wonder if Utah were such a name to conjure up after all.


"I've put out a lot of little roots these four-and-a-half years," Lexi told the moon, "and when I'm pulled up they're going to hurt a great deal. But it's best to go, I think, and as daddy says, there's no good reason why I shouldn't. I must get out all my ambitions and dust them."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

いっつも思うんだけどさ、葛西って楽しそう☆
みんな仲いいよねーーーー!!!
足立ももっと仲良くさせなきゃなあw

My name is Lexi said...

足立のメンバーもよくない?!
絶対仲良くなれるよ。