Wednesday, April 11, 2007

HaPpY eAsTeR!!!


Happy late Easter! All of us kids woke up on Sunday morning and searched for our Easter baskets. (The Easter bunny hides our baskets and makes us find them at our house). I got lots of chocolate eggs and a green skirt, but no marshmallow peeps. *Sigh of regret/relief* (I just like knowing that I have them. But when I eat them, I feel sick).



Here are a couple of the Easter eggs that I did. The one on the left is one I did at the Easter eikaiwa last Thursday, and the one on the right is one that I colored with the Nanjos. The left egg says "Love Youth" and 3 YM's names at the bottom. Hey, don't get any ideas! And the right egg just says "Tokyo".


Well, the General Conference broadcast comes a week late in Japan, so we got to go to Koiwa and listen to it on Easter Sunday. Haha we got a better deal than the people in the U.S. who had to have Fast Sunday on Easter! We had a late start in the morning, so we only went to the Sunday afternoon session.


But we went for lunch. Everyone gathers together in the parking lot and eats lunch together between sessions. All the Youth clumped together and we ate the "tots" that we brought. I wanted to be with the youth during the session, but there was no way I was going to listen to it in Japanese, so we struggled with Noah. I couldn't believe how many talks there were on forgiveness/repentance. Maika said she slept through the divorce talk haha


We went home, and mom took a small nap. Then we went to the Shizuno's house for dinner. The Yokoyamas and Nemotos came too. Their house was so small and cute! And Atsushi's homemade tempura was great! There was inari and temaki-zushi, and yummy homemade cakes for dessert. Noah tried and almost succeeded in destroying their house for good. The food was good and they were very hospitable, but I didn't have anyone my age. The babies were playing together, the moms were talking about pregnancy, and the dads were talking about business/the military, so I didn't really fit in anywhere. Oh and Tashi was being interviewed by Sister Yokoyama about her Personal Progress.


I'm sad that Easter is over...it all of the sudden hopped upon me! What did you guys for Easter? Do tell! Ours was kind of unique because we got to listen to General Conference, and we had a Japanes dinner instead of a traditional Easter dinner. What about you?

I'm kind of copying Kelly's idea, but here's a sprint-time poem:

For winter's rains and ruins are over,
And all the season of snows and sins;
The days dividing lover and lover,
The light that loses, the night that wins;
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten,
And in green underwood and cover
Blossom by blossom the spring begins.

~Algernon Charles Swinburne


No comments: