Wednesday, October 11, 2006

LORD OF THE RINGS = ARAGORN


Tum dee dum. I luv icons.
Anyways, mom hasn't been feeling well so I walked Mia to school yesterday. Tashi took her today. And we switched off making her lunch.
I watched the 1st Lord of the Rings and Mahatma Gandhi with Tashi. Mahatma Gandhi is good, but it's scary. And the special effects on Lord of the Rings weren't as good as I remembered. I am in love with Aragorn. I think it's because he's so humble and masculine in a good way - he's so protective and thoughtful of other people. He never think about himself.
Here's some of my favorite Aragorn quotes from the first movie:
[When the Fellowship of the Ring is decided]:
Aragorn: If by my life or death I can protect you, I will. You have my sword...
Legolas: ...and you have my bow...
Gimli: ...and my axe.
Boromir: You carry the fate of us all, little one. If this is indeed the will of the Council, then Gondor will see it done. (Isn't it cool how Aragorn said it first? He's so nice!)


-

Aragorn: Boromir! Give the Ring to Frodo.


-

Aragorn: Gentlemen, we do not stop till nightfall.
Pippin: What about breakfast?
Aragorn: You've already had it.
Pippin: We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?
Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it.

-

Legolas: Hurry! Frodo and Sam have reached the eastern shore. [Aragorn does not move]
Legolas: You mean not to follow them.
Aragorn: Frodo's fate is no longer in our hands.
Gimli: Then it has all been in vain. The fellowship has failed.
Aragorn: Not if we hold true to each other. [pause]
Aragorn: We will not abandon Merry and Pippin to torment and death. Not while we have strength left. Leave all that can be spared behind. We travel light. Let's hunt some Orc.
Gimli: YES!
(I love the "Let's hunt some Orc"!)

-

Arwen: Why do you fear the past? You are Isildur's heir, not Isildur himself. You are not bound to his fate.
Aragorn: The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness. Arwen: Your time will come. You will face the same evil, and you will defeat it.
(Talk about humble!)

-

Frodo: Where are you taking us?
Aragorn: Into the wild.

-

Aragorn: I swore to protect you.
Frodo: Can you protect me from yourself? [holding out the Ring]
Frodo: Would you destroy it?
Aragorn: [closing Frodo's hand around the Ring] I would have gone with you to the end, into the very fires of Mordor.
(Yay! He passed the test! He didn't take the ring!)

-

[Boromir is dying]
Boromir: The world of men will fall, and all will come to darkness, my city to ruin.
Aragorn: I do not know what strength is in my blood, but I swear to you I will not let the White City fall, nor our people fail.
Boromir: Our people, our people. I would have would have called you my brother... my captain... my king . [Boromir dies]
Aragorn: Be at peace Son of Gondor. [Aragorn kisses Boromir's forehead]






No comments: