Friday, November 03, 2006

Yay me!



I finished my English portfolio!!!!!!:

Coversheet
Photo essay with instructor grading rubric
SQ4R textbook form
Life story free writing assignment
Personal narrative rough draft and mentor suggestions
Personal narrative final draft with instructor grading rubric
Assignments in correct order

And my reading list:

  1. Shadow Children series by Margaret Peterson Haddix
Book 1 -Among the Hidden
Book 2- Among the Imposters
Book 3 - Among the Betrayed
Book 4 - Among the Barons
Book 5 - Among the Enemy
Book 6 - Among the Free

2. Christy by Catherine Marshall (more than half-way done!)
3. The Chosen by Chaim Potok
4. Time Enough for Drums By Ann Rinaldi
5. A String in the Harp by Nancy Bond
6. Streams to the River, River to the Sea by Scott O'Dell

(by the way, this reading list is something for fun for me. I'm not forced to read these books! They're just really bood books that I want to own! So I'm buying them little bit by little bit)

Friday was our Mutual Conference. I know they only have it once a year, but I think that it was too long (yes, I'm not so nice). I was so tired at the end. I'm so grateful that Bro. Yokoyama offered to drive us to the station. We got to show off our video and it was a big hit! And even though we didn't recite all 25 of our master scriptures through, they gave me, Maika, and Mana a special award! So nice! And nice daddy for staying the whole time! The Matsudo building where it was held is really nice!

We were so pooped when we got home. We watched Hannah Montana, and my Hannah Montana CD came in the mail! It was there when we got home! I was so happy! I LOVE HANNAH MONTANA and MILEY CYRUS! She rocks! And it came with a DVD with her music videos in it! I luv this CD!

Nanjos: I'll let you borrow it soon!

Today was the "Uchiage" (after-party) for Mutual Conference at Nakano. But I was just so worn out. So me and Tashi didn't go. I know we're lazy. We don't even do anything and we're pooped.

I'm sorry Maika, but me, Tashi, and my dad went to the new Lalaport in Toyosu today. We didn't even do anything big. We just looked around. I bought Erika her birthday present, and me and Tashi bought some candy together. I'm like addicted to books right now, so I ordered "Kira Kira" from Amazon Japan today. It looks like a really good book. I was so tired I played Solitaire on the couch with the laptop for the rest of the afternoon. Then we went out and rented some movies. We watched "Flight Plan" tonight, but we also have the new "Oliver Twist" with Ben Kingsley in it, and something else. But I forgot what it was. I guess that tells you how tired I am. But you have no idea how happy I am to have that English Portfolio assignment off of my chest. But now I'm a little worried about the results. Calm down, Lexi...

No comments: