Sunday, November 05, 2006

Kira Kira


Hey everybody! I was behind on my schoolwork, (because I was lazy and kept putting off my schoolwork), but now I'm catching up. I think I'll be done with what I was supposed to have finished by the end of November.
Yesterday morning, I was up on the computer, and our Amazon order came! Yay! My book, Kira Kira by Cynthia Kadohata came!:

The story goes like this:

*****************************************************************

kira-kira (kee'ra kee'ra): glittering; shining

Glittering. That's how Katie Takeshima's big sister, Lynn, makes everything seem. They sky is kira-kira because its color is deep but see-through at the same tame. The sea is kira-kira for the same reason.And so are people's eyes.

Even when the family is forced to move from their Japanese community in Iowa to the less welcoming Deep South of Georgia, it is Lynn who still makes things glitter, even when people stop and stare at them.
It's Lynn who, with her special way of seeing the world, teaches Katie to look beyond tomorrow.

But when Lynn becomes seriously ill and the whole family begins to fall apart, it's up to Katie to find a way to remind them all that there is always something glittering - kira-kira - in the future.

****************************************************************

But seriously, I was studying all day yesterday! And I barely got ready in time to go teach English to my student at 4 pm.

I'm making another blog about myself,called Lexi Growing Up. It has pictures of me as a little kid. I'm having fun with it. I'm scnning pictures out of my scrapbook and saving them onto the computer.
Click on this to see it:
http://lexigrowingup.blogspot.com/

No comments: