Thursday, November 16, 2006

Adventures with Natalie and Jason 2


So yeah. I left off where I didn't feel very good. My dad took Nat & Jason to Tokyo Tower, Shibuya, and Akihabara on Wednesday afternoon and evening (yesterday), while me and Tashi stayed home relaxing (because I didn't feel good). But we really cleaned the house up. I ended up cancelling my singing lessons and my English student didn't feel good either, so we cancelled that too. So me and Tash just sat at home all day. We watched The Emporer's New Groove 2 on Disney Channel, and after the 3 of them came home, we watched Mobsters and Mormons. It was a lot better than some of the recent Halestorm movies. I wish I would have gone to bed earlier.

Today I woke up feeling a little bit better, and I had to catch up on stuff that I had been putting off. I wanted to go shopping with Nat & Jason today, but my dad told me I shouldn't if I wanted to get all the way better and I'm glad I listened to him because they were gone just as long as they were yesterday. I went and babysat Rachel W. because her mom had to go to the elementary school or something. I didn't even have to do anything. Rachel was already asleep when I got there, and she didn't wake up the whole time I was there. So I just read books on the couch. I got 800 yen for 1.5 hours! Yay! I mean, I would have just been home doing the same exact thing. Me and dad took back the movies we had been renting and rented The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants - a total chick flick. And we had wantan soup for dinner. Oh, and after the 3 of them came home we looked through photo albums and laughed about a wedding. Nice way to release stress.

My mom has gone into her 12th week:
The baby's hit the 2-inch mark (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce. Its face is beginning to look more human. Its eyes, which started out on the sides of its head, have moved closer together on its face, and its ears are near their final positions on the sides of its head. The baby's intestines, which have grown so rapidly that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into her abdominal cavity about now. Its kidneys are secreting urine into her bladder. Its nerve cells have been multiplying rapidly, and synapses (neurological pathways in the brain) are forming. The baby may have acquired more reflexes by now, including sucking, and it'll even squirm if my mom prods her abdomen, though she still won't be able to feel its movement for several weeks.

That's all for now.



No comments: