Wednesday, October 29, 2008

College


My brain is on crazy mode. I was wishing I was a senior this year because all my best friends are seniors this year and I felt like I was going to be left behind next year while they're all going to college and going on with their lives. But all of the sudden I'm so glad I'm not a senior anymore. I still have a lot of growing up to do. I still need to take more college classes and catch up on credits. I need more time to work on my Personal Progress. I still need another year of seminary. This has just hit me all recently.

I was so excited to go out on my own. But I am not ready. I need to mature. I keep saying stupid things. I need to learn to hold my tongue more.

I'm just taking my first college class right now. Psychology. And I hate it. I have to write an APA style, 15 page paper on schizophrenia by November 24th. And I have to give an exactly 15 minute presentation on my paper in front of the class. I'm pretty stressed...I just registered to take the ACT for the first time too. I'm very nervous.

I'm just really worried about not getting into the college I want to (BYU duh). My dreams would be crushed. It's scary to think about college. I need to mentally prepare myself for living on my own. I'm not looking forward to the college papers though. But I want to be like my parents who both went to BYU and did amazing. But I'm definitely not as amazing as my mom was in high school. I need to stop getting B's on all my Algebra II assignments.

My mind is just blown over right now. I love high school and hate it at the same time. I feel like every little thing I'm doing right now is affecting my future even in little ways.

Comments?

No comments: