Sunday, January 13, 2008

Love Came And Got Me Down


Well, I got grounded, while my friends all went up north to go shopping this weekend. It was like the longest weekend of my life. I thought I was going to die. I was supposed to go on a date on Saturday...and my parents said a boy was counting on me for that so they wouldn't ground me from that. But here's the sad story:
Sam, who I was originally going to go with...he had to go to Colorado, and then I wanted to ask Kelby Caleb. And so I randomly caught him in the hall in the middle of class, I was going to the library, and he was leaving for the basketball game (he's on the team). I asked him, and he said he had to ask his mom. I gave him my number, but he never called me that night. So I had to find him during advisory the next day, and ask him if his mom said yes. Here's how the conversation went:
Him: What day is it again?
Me: Um, saturday (this isn't sounding good)
Him: Oh...that's Nahomy's baptism...
Me: Oh...
Him: Sorry...
Me: (my voice squeaking) It's okay

And I had to run away before I started crying. And Bro. Rasmussen didn't help me any by announcing in Seminary next period that I needed a date. That was really akward. Especially because nobody said anything. And Gina tried to hint it to Cortney during lunch, and he just told me to ask Ben. I was having a meltdown by then. So I was rejected by all the boys in my school, and I didn't get to go on a date or go up north at all, because my mom and dad wouldn't let me go unless it was a date. And Gina couldn't even set me up on a blind date. So I was stuck home all weekend. I did lots of chores and took the car to the car wash by myself..and had some troubles but it worked out in the end. And I got to go to my baby cousin's blessing on Sunday. Lots of people from my little town were there. My uncles and their friend told me what it was like growing up in our little town back then. And then I finally got to see my friends at school today. I missed them.
But I forgive Bro. Rasmussen because he gives good seminary lessons that make me look at things in a different way.

No comments: