Monday, February 22, 2010

Surprise Package

Photobucket
This is what I got in the mail from my cousin Stephen! He's on a mission in Japan, and will come home in September. We're the 2 oldest cousins on my mom's side of the family. He has always felt like a brother, and seriously looks like he is my brother. I didn't see him too much (growing up in Japan and all), but there's always been that connection. My heart broke when he left on his mission...I just broke down and cried. It was weird. Because I was proud of him going and stuff, and it's not like he died or anything haha I'm just a drama queen.

But I have been faithfully writing him letters. It is stinky that because I'm not his immediate family, I can't email him, and have to write snail mail which takes forever to get to Japan.

We were assigned to give each other Christmas presents this year, but it had to be something handmade or used. Well, I couldn't think of something used to send to a missionary, so I wrote him a letter. But to make it more special, I only bore my testimony and had all my friends do it with me. I never got his gift, and found out from this letter that then longer he's out, the busier he gets, and the last letter he was able to send was one for his dad's birthday back in October. And he's been working on my Christmas present this whole time. He says this isn't even the real deal - this was to say sorry and to give me something for Vday. I've been craving Japanese candy lately, and so I was SO happy to get a box full. And isn't the letter folded all cute? You can tell he's been in Japan haha.

I can't wait for my gift now!

I love missionaries. I want to be one someday.

No comments: