Monday, February 23, 2009

Sicky

I am taking a sicky today. I slept most of the morning away. I changed my blog layout, and now I'm going to read my scriptures and Sense & Sensibility. I'll probably go back to sleep with that cozy blanket Nick made for me for Christmas. Maybe I'll watch North and South or some Jane Austen later.
Hopefully I will be as good as new tomorrow. In the mean while, enjoy these inspirational quotes:

Conscience is that still, small
voice that is sometimes too loud for comfort.
+ + Bert Murray

My grandfather once told me that there are
two kinds of people: those who work and those
who take the credit. He told me to try to be in
the first group; there was less competition there.
+ + Indira Gandhi


In matters of principle, stand like a rock;
in matters of taste, swim with the current.
+ + Thomas Jefferson


God grant me the courage not to give up what
I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.
+ + Chester W. Nimitz

I don't have to attend
every argument I'm invited to.

+ + Author Unknown

Conscience is the inner voice that
warns us somebody may be looking.
+ + Henry Louis Mencken

The reputation of a thousand years may
be determined by the conduct of one hour.
+ + Japanese Proverb

For the human mind is seldom at stay:
If you do not grow better,
you will most undoubtedly grow worse.
+ + Samuel Richardson



I would rather be
right than President.


+ + Henry Clay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY... i made that blanket... well i tied the edges! haha