Friday, May 31, 2013

Mexican Chicken and Melon Head Boy

Bear and I always joke that Lachlan's head is as big and round as a melon. We proved it true at the grocery store today.

Boy thinking that he's helping me make dinner.


Although I've always wanted to be a stay-at-home mom, I'm finding the adjustment harder than I thought. I'm so used to rushing around with college and baseball. Our stake here does have a men's softball league once a week, but of course it's not the same. Also, I'm a very restless person. But I need a schedule at the same time. I'm very conflicted on the inside. I'll figure it out though.

I made Mexican Chicken (from genaw.com) for dinner last night. It was so easy! Bear said it was one of the best things that I've ever made. You can make it in the crock pot too, but I didn't start it in time and so I followed the original directions. From prep to finish, it was less than an hour. And super cheap too. We rolled the chicken in tortillas and made burritos.&nbsp:

MEXICAN CHICKEN
1 pound boneless chicken breasts
1 teaspoon Seasoning for Tacos
Salt, to taste
1/2 cup enchilada sauce
4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
3 green onions, chopped 

Sprinkle the chicken on both sides with taco seasoning; grill or saute. Cut the chicken into cubes and place in a greased 8x8" baking dish; season with salt to taste. Add the enchilada sauce and toss to coat the chicken. Sprinkle the cheese over the chicken and bake at 350 for 10-20 minutes, until hot and bubbly. Scatter the green onions over the top.
Makes 4 servings
Can be frozen

No comments: