Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Win


Do you want to hear an awesome story? I found this shirt on anthropologie.com . And I really liked the white, lacey, crochetyness of it. But it was $98. So...I did some more research...

And found this similar tank top from delias.com. But it was $39.50 and they were out of my size.
So...I did some MORE research...

And found this on etsy.com for $5. That's right. And you want to hear the best part? It's vintage. I'm happy. Steal. Win.

It's amazing that a few minutes saved me almost $100. I'm obsessed with deals, sales, coupons, and vintage and used items right now.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Good job lexi.
I was reading up on all your blog posts and I have a comment for the one about talents. Something I have found as a talent is being creative with thriftyness. There has been times when we didn't even have the 5 dollars to spend on something I really really wanted. SO I would have to figure out a way to come up with it without spending any money or just not have it. And you know what happens most everytime? ... Somebody gives me the item I wanted either new or used. I am greatful for either. And the times I make it out of what I have, it gives me the happiest feeling, happier then the one if I had spent money on it.
There are things jeff won't let me make. Like the time I made a tie quilt for jacob's bed. We spent more money on that then it would have cost to buy it. I know I am just blabbing, but it really tied in with this post and your RS lesson about talents. I hope you are doing well, staying busy and loving life! Love your aunt gina.. because I love you