Monday, June 20, 2011

Sunday Goodness


My past two Sundays in Lancaster have been very good. I've learned a lot and I really enjoy my new ward. That's one of the things I love about the church. No matter where you go, all the members arebgetting the same lessons and meetings with the same principles being taught. It's such a comfort. But one of the wonderful things about moving around so much (even though I hate it), is you get different comments from all the different places and it keeps things fresh. I learn a lot more that way I think.

One lady commented on how she thinks How the Savior has helped her during the week during the bread, and thinking about how she's going to include him in her life during the next week during the water. I'm going to start doing that.

Another thought was from Matt. 20:26-28. It reminded me of learning to be a Leader-Servant at SVU. "And whosoever will be your chief among you, let him be your minister." I love the school I go to. What a good way to look at leadership. Lead like the Savior.


And I love Sundays because me and Bear read the Ensign to each other. And because it's the one day of the week that I have him all to myself. His work schedule is quite rigorous.

When we learned about talents in Relief Society, it made me want to pursue my dream of learning to make vintage dresses (clothes in general too), cake decorating, and making hand stamoed jewelry. I can't wait to start!

Give me more inspirational thoughts in the comments!


1 comment:

Mary said...

I Love vintage clothing too. It is so much funer when you can make them yourself. Im glad everything is so good for you. Sounds like you and Bear are off to a great start.