Saturday, December 13, 2008

Super Lexi


Yes. My very stressful week is finally over.
  • I had final exams all week,
  • a horrible cold,
  • a 15 minute professional presentation on schizophrenia in my psychology class,
  • taking care of the house while my mom is gone,
  • and the ACT...
let me tell you. My brain is so stuffed full of information, it feels like a rock it's so hard. I could probably hurt somebody with it. So I've been studying and trying to take care of the house from the second I get home until I went to bed.

I went to take the ACT in Q-town, (I took Tashi with me) and stayed over at the Rodenberg's. Gloria and Mike always make sure we're comfortable. It's so cozy at their house. I watched "A Nativity Story" for the first time and I LOVED IT. I went to bed early, but of course I couldn't sleep from the stress of the next morning and had horrible dreams when I did fall asleep. The test was okay. There was a pregnant girl in my class, which seemed like an oxymoron to me.

And when I came home after the ACT, the house looked like...I don't want to use a word this horrible to describe it. Mia and Noah were still running around in their pajamas even though it was 2:30 in the afternoon. And they smelled bad. My dad was in the basement stressed out about the food storage shelves he was building. They were falling apart. So Tashi helped him for 3 hours (and they were successful), and I locked Mia and Noah in their bedrooms until they were spotless. I had to bathe them too. My original plan was to just clean the kitchen. But I did 2 loads of laundry, cleaned the living room, family room, the inside of the car, and finally the kitchen (keeping track of what Mia and Noah were doing at the same time). I felt like a mom. I was actually sweating from running around. It took me 3 hours. Then we finally realized that it was 5 pm, and the ward Christmas party started at 5:30. We didn't have a dessert, so we took the cake Rick gave me on Thursday. I didn't have time to shower. Loveliness.

After the party, Sarah came over, and we watched "It's a Wonderful Life" with our dad. It's a family tradition every Christmas. It's not Christmas without it. I cried at the end - the first time since age 4, since I've been watching it. I AM turning into my mom!!! Oh no!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously how do you cry during a movie?! haha

Mary said...

It is okay to cry during THAT movie. I cry every time even though I know how it ends.