Thursday, November 06, 2008

Obama

I am am extremely disappointed with the results of Tuesday's elections.

I know that our country needed a change, and I do admire Obama for a lot of reasons, one of them being that he is an amazing public speaker. I also think that is it great that we all have just witnessed history. One day we are going to look in our daughter's history book and be like yeahhhh I remember that night! It showed that our country is moving forward. And I am not racist at all, I'm sick of hearing that from people who just have no clue whats going on.

I do not agree with a lot of Obama's views. The first one being his religious views. He claims to be such a Christian and everything, now but if that is true then why didn't he get sworn into congress on the Bible? Did you know that he went to a Muslim school for 2 years? And was raised as a Muslim by his Muslim step father. That is something that concerns me because religion is a very important part of my life and I dont want someone running our country who I do not believe is strong enough in his faith. But you can't judge him on only this issue right?

The 2nd thing is his views on abortion, he thinks that it is right to kill babies, living, breathing, babies, human lives. How is it okay not to value human lives? He also supports third term/partial-birth abortion. Which is leaving babies to die after they have been born. Do you know how many loving couples want to have babies so bad and Obama thinks that it is okay for them to just be killed. I'm sorry but that really bothers me. Deeply. Especially in our family.

I know our country needs a change but I don't think that they quite understand the extent of the change that our country is about to go through. It is actually a very scary thought. And it concerns me extremely. I really can't get past the fact that someone who isn't centered on Christ is going to run our country. He was also quoting as saying that he was going to change our country's flag to a symbol to "hope and love" and change our national anthem because the words "bombs bursting in air" suggest war. I'm sick of hearing all day that I'm a racist! Because, for me, this has nothing to do with his race, it has to do with his views and character. That is just my personal opinion and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I could go on forever about this. I really hope I'm wrong and Obama turns out to be an awesome president and gets this country back on its feet but at the moment I'm scared.

No comments: