Thursday, May 15, 2008

PRINCE CASPIAN!!!!


All I can say is OMG. I just got back from watching "The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian". I got to see it the night it opened!!! It was way better than I thought it would be. The book was good, and it was true to the book, maybe even better. It's supposed to be 1300 years after Christ, so in the Middle Ages. The book showed it really well, but the movie just showed how dark and evil that time period was. So if you were silly enough not to read the book, I'll tell you the storyline:

It's been one year for the Pevensie kids since they've returned from Narnia, and Prince Caspian blows Susan's horn to call them back. When they get back to Narnia, they realize that 1300 years have gone by during the one year they were gone. The Golden Age (when they were ruling) is over, and Narnia has been conquered by the Telmerines, and evil King Miraz has it under his control. Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy meet Prince Caspian, who is the rightful heir to the throne. King Miraz killed Caspian's father, and now that King Miraz has a newborn son, he plots to kill Caspian. So Caspian runs into hiding, and has called back the Pevensies, to help him stop the King's order that all the magical Narnia creatures be killed, to find Aslan, and end King Miraz's evil rule.

The special effects were really good, and it was very dramatic and intense. I'm not going to lie. Prince Caspian (Ben Barnes) is HOT. So is Peter (William Mosely). I decided either of them can marry me, they can just battle it out and whoever wins...haha. Gina can marry the mouse, Reepicheep. She says she can adopt him too. She doesn't care. Lucy (Georgie Henley) wasn't as cute as in the first movie, but oh well. I like the guy who plays Edmund (Skandar Keynes), because he is the exact same age as me, just 2 weeks older. The guy who played Trumpkin the dwarf was the same guy who played Miles Finch on "Elf" haha. And the guy who played Prince Caspian was the younger version of the dad - Dunstan Thorne - on "Stardust"

I just like how they showed the difference between good and evil so well. I have to admit there were some scenes where I had to grab Gina because it was so intense.

The Narnians think Aslan has abandoned them while this evil king is ruling them. Lucy keeps seeing Aslan, but the others can't, and just tell her that she's seeing things. I really liked the part where Aslan comes to Lucy in a dream and tells her where to find Him. Or the evil ritual when the White Witch tried to come back. That was pretty darn intense. And Aslan showed them at the very end that they weren't alone. It was so good. And how Aslan explains to Lucy that he can't jump in and save them every time. And that she shouldn't have believed the others when they told her she was just seeing things. Or how if the king isn't under Aslan's guidance, it gets all messed up like King Miraz. It was so sad when they went to attack the castle and had to leave all those creatures behind because they got trapped. Or the sword fight between Peter and King Miraz. Or Aslan's sad look when they leave to go back to England. You just have to see it before I spoil the whole movie. I haven't seen a good movie like this in a long time.

I can't believe it's been a year since Pirates 3 came out!!! I haven't this excited for a movie since Pirates 3. I was so excited to go tonight. I have to admit that I'm excited for the new Indiana Jones movie too though. And the 3rd Narnia movie (but the 5th book) is coming out next MAY!!! I might squee my pants off. I really want them to make the 1st book (The Magician's Nephew) and the 3rd book (The Horse and His Boy). You have to read the books to understand the symbolism. I like how Aslan shows up in each book when you're least expecting it. Go to youtube and watch all the interviews and trailers for the movie, k? Promise?

1 comment:

Nauvoo Commuter said...

I really liked the movie. I want to rent it now, so I can clearly see the picture (the film projector at the Avalon must have a peanut butter smudge on the lens.)