Friday, June 08, 2007

M Stake Youth Conference

Okay. I will tell you about my M stake Youth Conference. Every other year we go and stay over somewhere like BYU, and every other year we just have a 1-day conference close by. And this year was the 1-day conference. About one hundred 14-18 year olds came.
We met at 9 am at our church building, we all piled into cars, and drove to a tiny town about 15 miles away to go to Kessler Ranch. In the morning we just watched calves being roped, branded, and vaccinated. Ewwwwwwwwwww!

Then we ate lunch and split into groups of about 25. We rotated around. Our first place was a parable type thingy about how sometimes it's hard to trust what our leaders say. We jumped off of those giant stands, and kind fo bungy-jumped. I have a video of it in the post below. The first few people we so scared they were up there for 10 minutes at least, and I was totally making fun of them, but when I got up there I thought I was going to pass out. I am afraid of heights, but only if I don't have a railing to hold onto, or it's rickety and dangerous etc...So this leader gave me a prep talk by asking me if my youth leaders had ever asked me to do anything that would kill me. I didn't say it, but I was thinking, "Ummm...let me think...oh! right now!" And I had to be pushed off. But the second time I was able to jump off normally, and by the 3rd time, I ran and dived off. The two kids in that video are a YW and YM from my ward. Shelli and Courtney.

Then we had 2 activities on family and staying together, practiced shooting, and rode a fake bucking bull. Whoever stayed on the whole time got a popsicle. Yep, that's me! At the very end, we had a talk, and a testimony meeting. It was all over at 6:30 PM, so we all went home, showered off, and met up for a dance at the nearby park a 8:30 PM. It was supposed to be a tri-stake dance, but the other 2 stakes didn't show up. All the YM and YW are way more friendly with eachother than in Tokyo. They just kept teasing eachother the whole time. At the lady's choice dance I thought I was going to pass out. But after I danced once, I didn't feel so akward and shy anymore. I mean, I didn't really know these boys!!! The dance was so fun!!! We danced the cha cha slide and to the song "Everytime We Touch". You can listen to those songs HERE and HERE. We danced til about 11 pm. I was so tired I thought I was going to pass out again. But I had so much freaking fun! I just wish that I was able to take more pictures!!! And I got a nice sunburn aha

No comments: