Sunday, January 01, 2012

Here's to the New Year

Photobucket
I am going to start afresh with posting this year. When I was taking 21 credits, even updating once a week became impossible. 


But I can report that we had a fun time dressing up as people from the 60's for Halloween (because I'm obsessed with The Help), enjoyed every last second of the 70 degree weather in South Carolina for Thanksgiving (and the amazing massage that I got from my sister in law Lora), survived finals and the craziness of December, and made it safely to Nauvoo for Christmas. 

I honestly don't know how I could have made it through this semester without Bear. He earned enough money for us this summer so that I didn't have to work during school, and he helped me get through the times I wanted to rip out my hair. Even though it seems silly now, it really felt like I wasn't going to make it through those last 3 weeks of school between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Even though it wasn't planned until last minute, a bunch of events fell into place so that the two of us could pick Tashi up from the St. Louis airport and surprise my parents. So the whole family was together for my dad's birthday, Christmas, and New Years. Seriously everything we've done has been as a family and we've hardly left the house. Even going to my grandparents' house in Missouri was spending time as a family! We have just been catching up on reading, quilting, and playing Ticket to Ride. Tashi has started The Hunger Games finally. I finished the quilt top for my baby niece Pearl's quilt. And the Prices got our own Ticket to Ride! I'm quite content. But because I've been spending so much time with my family, and because that has been the main focus of this Christmas, I keep forgetting about all of my presents and that Christmas is actually over. This is definitely one of my favorite Christmases. I've been in Utah the past 3 Christmases (for good reasons of course), but it really  felt nice to spend my WHOLE Christmas with just the Stouts in Nauvoo. I love Nauvoo.


I'm only taking 13 credits this semester. Which will be a nice change. I crammed my classes into Tuesdays and Thursdays so that only have one 1 hour class on Mondays and Wednesdays (at 4pm), with no class on Friday at all. I'll also be working again, but only 10 hours a week on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, so that my weekends are still open. Bear won't be working, because baseball season will be starting and he'll be super busy with that. I'm excited to watch. 


Right now I'm signed up for these classes:


Historical Methods
History of the Holocaust
Topics in American History (1890-1940)
Jogging
Piano Accompaniament


I can finally focus on history classes and music classes. And I get to go to the Holocaust Museum in D.C. for a field trip and I get to read The Great Gatsby for my American history class, which I've wanted to do for a long time! I'm so excited for this new year and semester! What about you?

No comments: