Sunday, January 08, 2012

Beginning of the Semester


Baseball practice starts tomorrow for Bear. Which means team weight lifting at 5:50 am, which will wake me up...but on the upside, I'm so excited for the games! We're also both in an opera workshop, which is our only class together. Who knew that would ever end up happening? Opera? Really? haha


But my class work load seems manageable so far. I'm finally settling into my major. And I'm only working 10 hours a week, with no class on Fridays. I'll be busy all day Tuesday and Thursday, but I hope that I can make it to most of Bear's home games. And...the best part is church is at 1 pm. So I don't feel like counting down the days til the end of the semester (to be put out of my misery) like last semester.


Bear asked me to marry him a year ago today. Of course choosing to come to SVU was the first good choice, but I really am so happy that I said yes to him. We've been married for a little over 7 months now, and every day things get better. So far, we've been able to keep up reading our scriptures every day and praying together for the past few days, but let's see what happens once baseball starts.


It's also been a week since New Years Day. In a way, I don't know where the past week went, but at the same time, I thought, "I've only been working on my resolutions for a week?", and I understood why people give up on their resolutions so fast. But I think it's important to set hard goals. Not to over-burden yourself with them, but to have at least one long-term goal that really pushes you. At least for me, I love looking back on how far I've come, and to be able to say, "I fulfilled my dream" or "I feel like I can do anything now!" So, when I really realized that I've been working out 5-6x a week for a month and half, instead of just a week, I really felt good. Not all goals have to start at the new year. The good thing is, I don't feel over-burdened with my goals. So I think I can do it. You can too.

No comments: