Saturday, July 16, 2011

Deathly Hallows

Photobucket
So I know everyone's going overboard with Harry Potter statuses, but this is my opinion. I know for a lot of people it "felt like their childhood had ended" or they grew up with the books. For me, I loved HP when I was 10 and 11 and waited for my own Hogwarts letter. But I wasn't devastated when it didn't come. It was all just fun for me. I still remember when my parents surprised me and Tash and took us to the first one in Odaiba, Japan. I'll never forget that moment of pure happiness.
Photobucket
To be honest, the movies weren't my fav until the last 2. I could watch those over and over again. The actors grew up, the characters grew up, the graphics were better, and the ending is just so emotional. Now, I'm not an HP nut, and I had to have people explain a few things to me that I couldn't remember, but it was really fun to make these cheap tshirts on our own. A gay guy even complimented Bear's shirt that I made. Baha
Photobucket
I was excited because this was the first time I had been to a midnight showing of anything. Ever. And to our surprise, when we got there, our tickets were actually a double feature for both parts of the Deathly Hallows, starting at 9, so instead of waiting in line and clawing for some seats, saving those seats for hours, we got to watch both parts together and all went smoothly. It was nice to see both together.
Photobucket
The 3D didn't make it that much more exciting, but the glasses were fun. I couldn't stop crying during the whole Snape part at the end (the whole snake thing was a little gross though) and when all Harry's dead loved ones were surrounding him to strengthen him. Okay, I'm starting to sound like a nutty fan. I'll just say the ending gets me and now I just want to see it again. Can I just say that I was more excited that Bellatrix died than Voldemort? Anyways, I liked it. It's not about the magic or fantasy for me. It's about the emotion. Which Bear will probably never understand. But at least it's a book series that we both can finally relate on. Now I just want to know how rich J.K. Rowling is. Mischief Managed!
Photobucket

No comments: