Monday, March 15, 2010

Elder Holland

Elder Holland came to our Stake Conference last Sunday. It was amazing. He has a good sense of humor, but the serious points he makes are very strong. The whole week before he came, I was very depressed and didn't know why. The same thing happened before I met President Monson (even though I didn't know I was going to meet him ahead of time.) Satan was really working on me trying to control my emotions. But it just makes me feel the Spirit so much more when I meet them and strengthens my testimony. Satan fails haha. So I have met and talked David Archuleta, President Monson, and Elder Holland in less than a year. How lucky is that? Nauvoo is the place to be!

They are always so full of the Spirit. How awesome would it be to have your testimony show in every conversation? Or just in your presence? (Without being self-righteous.)

I got to shake his hand. He said I looked like a Dr. Seuss character! I just think that's so funny. Instead of just a hello, he was actually trying to find unique about each person who came up to him. I definitely won't forget what the prophet or this apostle said to me personally. My testimony was definitely strengthened by meeting them. Whenever I feel like I can't take anymore discouragement in my life, Heavenly Father sends me something amazing to keep me cheerful. How can you not feel cheerful when the prophet or an aspotle speaks? And knowing the talk was especially for our stake made it so much better than a general conference talk.

Elder Holland's talks are very sharp and makes you proud (a good proud) to be a member of the church. The gospel is so amazing!

3 comments:

Mary said...

I am so happy for you that you got to meet him. If you can feel so happy meeting the prophet, and apostles, can you imagine what it will be like to meet Jesus and Heavenly Father?

Emily H said...

dr suess. haha

Richard Renee said...

Which Dr. Suess character would that be? Wonderful to hear an apostle speak and feel the Spirit of his message.