Monday, September 24, 2007

Sweet 16

Wow!!! My birthday's over! But I still feel very sweet 16. And I think I will for a while. I still feel like it should be my birthday.

Today I'm gonna run away
And feel the sun throughout my hair
Finally free to be who I wanna be
Who that is I don't really care

'Cuz I've got friends who love me
Blue skies are above me
My blonde hair is everywhere

Sweet sixteen
Gonna spread my wings
Sweet sixteen
It's my chance to shine
Sweet sixteen
Discovering
Sweet sixteen
So much more to life
Sweet sixteen

Drivin' round town just to pass the time
Radio is blastin' and the top is down
There ain't nothin' in my way
'Cept the traffic of L.A.

And I've got friends who love me
Bright stars shine above me
My blonde hair is everywhere

Sweet sixteen
Gonna spread my wings
Sweet sixteen
It's my chance to shine
Sweet sixteen
Discovering
Sweet sixteen
So much more to life
Sweet sixteen

Mamma loves me and a sister who shows me, and a daddy's always there

Sweet sixteen
Gonna spread my wings
Sweet sixteen
It's my chance to shine
Sweet sixteen
Discovering
Sweet sixteen
So much more to life
Sweet sixteen

I wanna know what it feels like
I need to see it from the inside
I can taste a bit of what I will find
So much more to life
Sweet sixteen


I don't have any pictures, but it was a very good day. I woke up to Tashi giving me my outfit to wear, mom making cinnamon rolls, and my dad actually up before I went to school. I got to eat my yummy cinnamon roll as it dripped over my hand, and ran to school. Gina decorated, me, Skyler, and Kortney's lockers, and we all wished each other a happy birthday. I had a Spanish test, and a geometry test ON MY BIRTHDAY, but Mr. Hansen let us get out 5 minutes early from geometry because it was my birthday and a Friday, and Mr. Myers changed our critical analysis due date to Tuesday instead of my birthday. It was his birthday too. Too many birthdays.

MacConnell was giving me crap all day about being "vl". Aaaarrrrrggghhh high school drama. Mac and Spencer made a bet about how lone I could stay vl. Spencer said he's give me and Mike a day, but Mac siad he'd give us until the next time we were alone. I was so mad. You should have seen me in English. After school ,e, Tashi, and Mike went to the seminary building and talked with Brother Rasmussen for an hour or so. Mike came home with me after that to our house, we met up with Gina, and went to Maverik. Then we went to Duane's, bought ingredients and drove back to Gina's house. My mo mwas sick in bed, and my dad was up in Salt Lake. Gina made a spaghetti dinner for me. And Tashi finally admitted to me who she likes, even though me and Mike already knew.

Then they drove me home, I freshened up, and I was driven to my dance. Lots of people showed up, but Sam and Noah were 2 hours late so we had no music for my dance. I felt bad for all the people who came. But it was good. Everybody brought me some some sort of candy. They must know me well.

Saturday the 22nd, we had a family pajama birthday party. I got clothes. All the stuff I wanted. Clothes make me happy. Now I just need accesories that will match them.

Kelton's pool party on Saturday night was fun even though it was 40 degrees outside. Luckily the pool finally got to 90 degrees right before I had to be home. And I "missed" something. I was so mad at my self.

I'll post some pictures of clothes I got


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow sounds glad u had fun

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect Lexi birthday. Do you feel less stressed in Fillmore compared to Tokyo? You seem like you are enjoying your teens a lot more now.

Did you know that Aunt Gina and me both had Bro Rass for Seminary too? Just for a semester. He probably doesn't remember me, but once he told me he grew up in Fillmore, I asked him if he knew your mom and Grandparents. He sure did. Small town.

Don't worry about VL. It will all come in time and your first kiss only happens once.

We missed you this weekend for our girl's time, but know you had a good excuse.