Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Bonfire in the Winter

Photobucket
We had a bonfire the other day with our friends. Where you ask? In the Blue Ridge Mountains! I live in such a beautiful place! My whole life I've heard songs serenading these mountains and the Shenandoah Valley, like the song Shenendoah (which is our school song btw), and now I get to experience the beauty myself. The moon was huge so we had tons of light, and it's been a warm winter so we were almost too hot once we got the fire going.
PhotobucketThere's a Bear! Oh, it's just my Bear. Phew.

We went up to the Indian Rocks, and started a fire without a starter log. I kind of feel like I could survive the apocalypse with Bear and all of his resourcefulness skills.

We have a Alaskan friend that came with us, and building a fire was like tying his shoes. He said he found a dead tree on the way up to the rocks and asked us if we wanted him to go get it. It made me laugh.

PhotobucketThose are Rachel's TOMs and my NIKE's. We usually have our matching TOMS together. I'm so glad that I have her as a friend.

No comments: