Sunday, June 06, 2010

Work

Well I've been very blessed with getting 3 jobs. I actually like working in the summer. At first I was a little upset because I thought I would have no free time. But I think I would be completely bored out of my mind and just end up wasting my time all day on Facebook or something. And then I wouldn't have the money to go do anything I wanted. And none of my jobs work me late into the night, so I always have time to come home and relax with my family and watch TV or a movie at home, or go to the late movie. I'm getting money for college. So I feel like it's a win-win.

Well, the first place I work, I worked at last summer too. It's called the Nauvoo Fudge Factory. It is absolutely amazing. Like you either need to come to Nauvoo or order some. The family that owns it are just the sweetest. (haha no pun intended.) People come all the way from St. Louis for it (and there's fudge factories in St. Louis, if that tells you anything.) And the fun thing about living in Nauvoo is, people come from all over the world. So even though I live in a tiny town in the middle of the Midwest, I still get to meet people from India, Italy, and South Africa while I'm at work. People ask me how I can keep from eating it. Well, when you're around it all the time, it's not quite as tempting. But I do snitch every now and then. We do make the fudge there, but I don't make it. I just sell it. It's so fun to go to work there.

My second job is at Adventure Zone. I have only worked one day there. It's got go karts, a huge indoor playground, pizza delivery and other food, arcade games, prizes, and a party / theater room. I can't say much about it yet because of just the one day, but I think this one will go well too.

My third job is helping my old seminary teacher, Sister Smith around her house. She's in a wheelchair. She has 2 teenagers in the house, but they both have jobs too. And I'm very ambitious to get some college money haha. But I haven't gone and done that yet either.

Well, all my bosses are members of the church, and I know them all really well, which is exactly what I wanted. All the placed I work are closed Sunday, so I don't have to worry about working that day at all. In the past I've had bosses where I told them I couldn't work Sunday, but after a few months started scheduling me for every Sunday or asking me to come in for somebody else (and this was in Utah!). It got old after awhile. It was slowly affecting my life for the worse. Missing church a few weeks in a row is no bueno.
Work makes me happy. Come see me at work!

No comments: