Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Little Bunny Foo-Foo

Oh my goodness, I love quilting. My mom taught me the old fashioned way. At first, I absolutely hated it. I was too impatient. But because of my mom's patience in teaching me, I quilt on my own now. I buy my own fabric, choose my own designs and fabric combinations, and I'm off. I really like hand piecing because I can do it anywhere. In the car, when I'm watching a movie, etc et...I love vintage repro fabric. I even have a real vintage fabric stash.
And this is the quilt block I'm working on right now (hand-pieced). It's a reproduction from the 30's. I love the shade of green. And look at the little bunnies!!!!























































This is the quilt top I'm working on right now. It takes so long just to make one block. But it makes me happy. I want to make it as big as I can even if it takes me until I'm a grandma haha. I will post more pictures as it progresses. And you have to love my grandparents blue carpet. Tell me what you think about quilting, or show me pictures of things you're working on. I love inspiration. Just comment about quilting!!!

And remember that I'm drawing the name on Monday so any comment I got from yesterday until Monday will be included :)

1 comment:

Shauna said...

Lexi, I loved reading your blog and especially the list of things you learned from your seminary teacher. I would like to copy the list and use it as a "to do" list to teach my boys. My oldest is 12 and his birthday is the same day as yours. September Rocks! Also, my sister lived in Tokyo Japan from 2001 to 2003, her name is Kim Norton.

Enter me in your fabric contest - I hope I win. I found your blog through Kelly McCaleb, she is my Visiting Teacher.