Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Families, Parents, and Divorce


Well, I've decided to write anyways.
Gina is finally back from all her trips. It's like the first time I've seen her in a month. And it's been weird that she's been hanging out with different people on her trips and making new friends, and I've been doing the same here at home. I've been hanging out with people I never have before. But I think it's a good thing. I'm learning new things from each person I'm with. That's what I love about friends.

But Gina's been having a really hard time with her family. Things I can't even begin to imagine or talk about. She's going through stress that nobody should have to go through at her age. And the sad thing is it hasn't always been like this for her. So she's having to adjust BIG time. And she's been pretty positive through the whole thing, and had to carry the burden of her parents. Even when she was going through this super hard time she helped another friend (let's call her Ariel) of ours out with Ariel's stress at that time. Dang, Gina. I wish I could be like you. I wish I could help you even though I know there's not much I can do. I hope you will have a turn for the better in your life when you move to St. George. Even though I will miss you, I think it's for the best. And I'm sorry that I'm moving just because my parents want to, but you're moving because of family problems. But you know it's not your fault, Heavenly Father knows what he's doing, and this will make you stronger and you will learn what you need to.

That was deep. But it is true when you say to that "someone else always has it worse than you". Looking at all my friends with divorced parents, it's really made me want to choose the RIGHT person to marry. Keep myself worthy until I do, not dive into a marriage, pray about who I'm supposed to marry, and even if the marriage goes through hard times, FIGHT to keep it together. Especially if you prayed and he was the right person to marry. A divorce isn't just about you and your spouse. It affects your whole family. Even extended family. Oh my, this makes me glad for temples and eternal marriages.

So on this deep note.
I have something fun.


I will be giving away in a drawing

10, 2x2 inch squares out of my favorite fabric

If you comment on this post, your lovely name will have a chance to be drawn. I'll pick the name on Monday, the winner can pick whether they'd like a colorful 30's repro set, pastel repros, or a brown, pink, blue, and green set. You could use it for a charm quilt, scrapbooking, or cards. Hope the rest of your week is good. I can't wait to see who the winner is!!! If it goes well, I'll do it again.
So COMMENT AWAY!!!

8 comments:

Jeni and Dave said...

Sounds like fun! What a great idea to bring people to your site. Your blog is thought provoking and artistic. Thanks for sharing. I bet you don't remember me, but I knew you when you were pretty small in Tokyo. Now, you're all grown up! Take care and have a great day!

Jeni

Anonymous said...

I want some fabric!!!

heather said...

you really need to have bigger type on your blog for old ladies like me. smile.

Anonymous said...

Love your quilt!

Mommy

Anonymous said...

umm hi well don't exactly know you but i think we met?

Di~ said...

Yeah, a young blogger and giving away fabric!? awesome I wanna win! Here's hoping in Idaho

Unknown said...

Hey girl! i was going to comment on your blog anyways!!!! You are so amazing. . . you have so much talent and have taught me a lot. I have LOVED being your best friend! hehe and you will definitely be missed. U must come visit me and i will go visit you! and what you said.i may have it hard sometimes but there are millions way worse off than me! i am very blessed!!! I LOVE YOU LEXI LOU!!

My name is Lexi said...

I LOVE YOU TOO GINA GOO