Wednesday, February 19, 2014

New New Job

Bear just switched jobs to working at Midwest Academy. It's a therapeutic boarding school for troubled teens. Which is exactly what Bear wanted to be all along. He works 16-18 hour shifts straight, but then has whole days off in between so that we can go have fun during the week, not just on the weekends. But yes, this means that his schedule is different every week and he'll have to work Saturday and Sundays sometimes. Bear was really unhappy with his sales job and the pay is about the same. It's a little frustrating that we didn't start with this job, but sometimes you have to go down one road to realize that it's the wrong one. Like Jeffrey R. Holland talks about in this Mormon Message:


It's only his second day of work, but it will be interesting to see where this takes us. I keep getting asked if we plan to stay in the area, and I guess we haven't thought about it deeply yet. The biggest goal was to finish college after we got married, and we're taking things one step at a time. We've lived so many places just since we've gotten married, and both of us moved a lot growing up. So I know that we could learn to live anywhere. One thing I do know for certain...I miss Virginia. I think the middle East Coast is my favorite.

1 comment:

Tally Layton said...

My friend Elizabeth Kearse works there too.