Sunday, June 14, 2009

Holy Things

These are just some various things that I have learned this week:

A morally clean life is important if you want to enjoy peace, happiness, and self-esteem. The battle for our souls is exceedingly fierce. The adversary is strong and cunning. Sin is sin!

Pray vocally as well as in your heart. When you do not cry unto the Lord, let your hearts be full, drawn out in prayer continually.

Virtue is not only having chaste thoughts, but pure thoughts, that are full of truth.

Prayer is something to enjoy.

The body is to be kept pure and holy. Do not be afraid of soiling its hands in honest labor. Do not be afraid of scars that may come in defending the truth or fighting for the right, but beware scars that spiritually difigure.

And then we had several ladies from our ward each give a talk on divine nature for mutual last week. One of them said something I really like: Eternal marriage isn't just getting married in the temple. It's working hard for it everyday after you get married, to keep it together for eternity because you know you just can't throw it away like any marriage outside of the temple.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Kudos to those thoughts!
I was visiting teaching today and we were talking about how when we pray in our minds, even if we are kneeling down, our mind tends to wander. And when we pray out loud it is much more sincere. You came to that conclusion this past week as well.
And I agree about eternal marriage. Good things take hard work. And if our hearts and minds are in the right place it is pleasant work more than troublesome work.
I just wanted to add my thoughts. You are on a good path lexi. At 17 nearly 18, that is saying a lot, especially these days. God bless you.

My name is Lexi said...

I just feel like I sound like I'm being preachy/self righteous when I talk about church stuff. But it's more just like I like to write it down so I can look back at it later, and have other people read it if they haven't heard about it yet and add their thoughts. Just ask my parents - I have a long way to go.