Wednesday, January 31, 2007

New Blogger in Family

I meant to get on yesterday...but no...somebody had to be a computer hog - my mom. Do you want to know why? SHE GOT A BLOG! This is major news people. I've been begging and persuading her to get one forever, and she finally gave in. I'm glad that I persuaded her, but now we have to fight over the computer for blogging time. haha And I'm her private computer tutor. I feel like we've switched places, because I'll be working on my sewing, and she'll call, "Lexi, will you come help me with this?" and I'll go help her. She'll have been puzzling over something for 15 minutes, and in 1 click, I'll fix it for her. It's pretty funny. She's still working on it, but if you want a preview, go to: Hearts Full if Joy - on the joys of quilting, antiques, motherhood, adoption, life in Japan and much more

It might look like there's not much now, but there'll be more.


Miley Cyrus

I finished 2 more quilt blocks. This pattern is called Twister. It's made up of little pinwheel blocks. When they're all finished, the blocks are about 4 inches tall. If anybody wants the pattern and directions, just ask me. I'm only making aqua blocks right now, but I'm going to make pink, lavender, peach, green, yellow, blue, and red blocks too. I know the edges of the blocks don't look so good, but they'll look good when I sew the blocks together. I'm doing this all by hand, people!

(above:) block #3

(above:) block #4 - I think it's the cutest!

(above:) all 4 blocks! Keep cheering me on, people!


Aly & AJ
This is like the funniest short movie I got off of imeem.com, made by somebody who had a lot of time on their hands. It's a Lord of the Rings movie, and it's about 2 minutes long. They took quotes from the 1st & 2nd movie, and put them in a funny order. But it's mainly about Gimli, Legolas, and Aragorn chasing after the Uruk-hai that took Merry and Pippin away. The repeated line, "They're taking the hobbits to Isengard!" is said because Aragorn asks, "Legolas, what do your elf eyes see?" just so it makes a little bit more sense. The repeated lines, the order their in, the way they played around with the theme song and had the lines be in rhythm with the song, it had me and Tashi laughing so hard we were crying, but it might just be us. You'll have to see for yourself.If the movie doesn't work, click HERE to go to the actual site. But just to let you know, there's advertising on that site.





That's all for today, folks.

No comments: