Thursday, July 17, 2014

Crazy Summer

We literally go and hang out at pageant every night.

I think I can honestly say this has been a crazy summer. Not only did I have a baby, but I had twins, (with a million doctor's appointments before and after the babies were born), Bear has been applying for grad school and new jobs, and he's getting ready to go sell pest control in California for the last 4 weeks that my parents are here. He leaves Saturday.

I've never spent this much time away from him. EVER. The truth of it still hasn't hit me all of the way. Luckily, I'll still have my parents and siblings here and they are all super helpful, but Bear won't be there to help me with babies in the night. I guess I just need to start going to bed earlier. I'm more worried about Lachlan who is such a daddy's boy. If he goes more than a day without seeing dad, he starts acting up. At least toddlers have no sense of time, but we may be in for a "fun" ride.


Why is my husband taking off for 4 weeks right after we had twins, you ask? Well, Bear's current job has given him a lot of experience in his field and is helping him apply for better jobs and for grad school, but it just wasn't paying enough. He loved his work, but we looked at it like a paid internship that would look good on his resume. But we need a little more cushion if Bear is going to start grad school and can't work full time for the next little while.


We're still waiting to hear back from the program he applied for at Quincy University because they just got his transcript from SVU (yes, I know we graduated in December. It's a long story on why it's taken this long). I keep thinking life will slow down. But a little relaxation doesn't look like it's in our immediate future ;)

No comments: